Choosing an alkaline lifestyle can be done quite easily. As a rule of thumb, choosing 70 percent alkaline foods (veggies and legumes) and 30 percent acidic foods (meat and carbs) is the way to go, but any little change makes a difference. Here are some key steps to help you on your path to alkaline lifestyle:
1. Hydrate! CUCUMBER WATER - Simply purchase alkaline water from your local grocery store and slice organic cucumbers (1/2 half a cucumber for a 1 quart pitcher of water), place slices in pitcher and let it steep in the refrigerator. Cucumber is one of the most alkaline veggies.
2. Reduce acidic foods You don’t have to cut them out altogether but try and limit your intake of meats, eggs, refined sugars, white flour and dairy.
3. Eat more greens, such as asparagus, kale, broccoli. These are a high alkaline source.
4. Juice of lemons and limes is very high alkaline. Use it in water daily or to season your food.
5. Reduce Sugar intake, including alcoholic beverages Most alcoholic beverages have a high sugar content and are highly acidic. You don’t have to cut it out altogether if you enjoy the occasional beer or glass of wine, but be aware of what you are drinking.
For more helpful tips and recipes on alkaline living,
Honestly Healthy Eat with Your Body in Mind, the Alkaline Way, by Natasha Corrett